Postdoctoral scientist (ANR)
Equipe : Dynamique de la Méthylation de l’ADN des Génomes Eucaryotes
Email : email@example.com
Pièce n°: 438
|Nikhil Gupta joined Pierre-Antoine Defossez team at CNRS UMR7216 team as postdoctoral researcher in October 2016. He earned M.Sc. in Molecular and Human Genetics from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. He got his PhD with Prof. M.R.S. Rao from Chromatin Biology Laboratory, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, India, characterizing post-translational modification of transition proteins TP1 and TP2 during mammalian spermiogenesis. He did postdoctoral training at Department of Biochemistry, Purdue University, USA where he looked at the mechanism for repression of pluripotency genes (PpGs) after initiation of differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells (mESCs). In Pierre-Antoine Defossez team, he is conducting genetic screens to identify epigenetic regulators of DNA methylation during differentiation of mESC.|
1. *Gupta N., *Pentakota S., *Mishra L. N., Jones R., and Rao M. R. S. (2017). Identification of posttranslational modifications of endogenous chromatin proteins from testicular cells by mass spectrometry. Methods in Enzymology. 586, 115-142. PubMed.
2. Gupta N., Madapura, M. P., Bhat U. A., and Rao M. R. S. (2015) Mapping of post-translational modifications of transition Proteins, TP1 and TP2, and identification of protein arginine methyltransferase 4 and lysine methyltransferase 7 as methyltransferase for TP2. Journal of biological chemistry. 290, 12101-12122. PubMed.
3. *Mishra L. N., *Gupta N., and Rao M. R. S. (2015) Mapping of post-translational modifications of spermatid-specific linker histone H1-like protein, HILS1. Journal of Proteomics. 128, 218-230. PubMed.
4. Madapura M. P., Gupta N., Kishore A. H., Bharath G. N., Kundu T. K., Rao M. R. S. (2009). Acetylation of transition Protein 2 (TP2) by KAT3B (p300) alters its DNA condensation property and interaction with putative histone chaperone NPM3. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 284(43), 29956–29967. PubMed
5. *Ullas K. S., *Pradeepa M. M., Gupta N., Rammohan N. and Rao M. R. S. (2009). Spatiotemporal organization of AT- and GC-rich DNA and their association with transition proteins TP1 and TP2 in rat condensing spermatids. Journal of Histochemistry and Cytochemistry. 57(10), 951–962. PubMed.